Click here to download a PDF version of this posting
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our passionate Sales Team in this entry level position. As one of our Account Executives, you will be responsible for the sale of commercial airtime on CHCH TV and other broadcast and digital brands.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of locally based advertisers to meet or exceed sales targets with a primary focus on generating new business across TV and digital media platforms;
- Provide quality customer service with a focus on client retention through regular and relevant contact with potential clientele and advertising agencies;
- Work in collaboration with management to assist in development of strategic integrated proposals;
- Develop and present professional sales presentations and communications;
- Draft sales agreements and ensure they are accurately implemented to completion;
- Attend and participate in Sales meetings, liaise effectively and build positive relationships with all Sales Support functions including Creative Services, Traffic and Accounting; and
- Aid in the collection of accounts, complete and submit all necessary paperwork, and other related duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ of sales experience with a specialization in media preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast and digital industry terms, standards and metrics is an asset
- Experience in sourcing clients, networking and cold calling for new business
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding goals; proven ability to manage work independently
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills; experience with sales and/or CRM software an asset
- The ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines and last minute revisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic desire to succeed
- A valid G Class or higher driver’s license; have and maintain a clean driving record and own a reliable vehicle.
What’s in it for you:
- As strong independent media company, we tell engaging stories and share information so that our audiences can lead richer, more rewarding lives.
- Competitive Salary and commission, Comprehensive health and dental plan
- You will be provided with laptop, cell phone, client entertainment budget, car plan, and basic home office setup
- Opportunity for Team Incentive Trip
Please send your resume and covering letter quoting reference # CHCH-AE-2020-10 in confidence to:firstname.lastname@example.org (No Phone Calls Please)
2190015 Ontario Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce.
2190015 Ontario Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
CHCH-TV started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces over 24 hours of original local news programming each week. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. CHCH News is produced daily out of its broadcast studio located in Hamilton, Ontario. For more information, please visit chch.com.