Click here to download a PDF version of this posting
CHCH-TV in Hamilton, Ontario is seeking an experienced, hands-on Accounting Manager to manage the day to day financial activities and reporting. This is a contract position for up to one year and is located in Hamilton, Ontario. Anticipated start date is March 5, 2018.
- Assume ownership for the accurate financial reporting of the CHCH Operations.
- Work closely with the Controller and Senior Management team to provide ongoing support for decision- making, budget development, expense analysis, business cases, issue resolution and effective communication of results through monthly reporting.
- Manage all invoicing, accounts receivable, collections and accounts payable processes to maximize cash flow.
- Analyze and understand station expenditures and seek opportunities to contribute to the financial success of the business.
- Prepare monthly sales commission calculations
- Reconcile and manage CHCH Operational intercompany transactions and liaise with Toronto office to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare month end company & department financial statements as well as multi-entity consolidated financial statements
- Prepare year end schedules, liaise with external auditors and prepare regulatory reporting
- Effective financial report design and system administration.
- Work closely with all CHCH departments and the Toronto Office to maximize the efficiency of all accounting processes.
- Accounting designation with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the financial success of an organization.
- Mature, professional, reliable, diligent, sense of fun.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, comfortable interacting with Senior Management and ability to develop strong internal and external relationships.
- A Self Starter who can work with a fair degree of autonomy and independence, and at the same time, ensure senior management and other stakeholders are kept informed of ongoing situations.
- Works well in a collaborative, fast paced, always changing environment.
- A general understanding of the broadcast industry would be a definite asset.
- Must be fully fluent in Word, Excel, Outlook and relevant accounting software. Experience with Adagio accounting software would be an asset.
- Some travel to Toronto may be required.
Application Deadline: Noon Monday January 15, 2018
Please send your résumé and covering letter, with salary expectations, quoting reference # CHCH-AM-2017-12 in confidence to: email@example.com (No Phone Calls Please)
2492619 Ontario Inc., providing administrative services to CHCH TV and other broadcast and digital media, is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please. To see all of our career opportunities, please visit http://www.chz.com/careers/
CHCH-TV started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces over 24 hours of original local news programming each week. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. CHCH News is produced daily out of its broadcast studio located in Hamilton, Ontario. For more information, please visit chch.com.