Click here to download a PDF version of this posting
Channel Zero Inc. is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, quick learner who is able to join our dynamic team.
The role of the Channel Producer is to support the Programming and Editing departments in the execution of the programming, acquisitions, scheduling and marketing for Channel Zero’s World Media service, Halla Bol! Canada’s first Hindi-language children’s channel.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering a quality broadcast through effective prioritization of scheduling and promotion.
- Responsible for all aspects of scheduling the channels including the management of content assets from delivery to broadcast.
- Preparing content assets technically for broadcast including timing, insertion of breaks and editing as required.
- All aspects of creating on-air promotions inclusive of concept and script development.
- Assist and support programming initiatives for all of the Channel Zero World Media services including: supporting the acquisition process, collecting deliverable materials, data entry of programming information into various systems, title selection and original programming support
- Responsible for all programming reports including regulatory and programming usage on the channel
- Create EPG reports and ensure accurate on-air programming guides
- Respond to viewer queries and comments
- Administrative duties such as expenses, scheduling and any additional support required
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful candidate will possess:
- Fluency in Hindi a must, Urdu and Punjabi an asset
- A strong understanding of Final Cut Pro Studio and Adobe Creative Suite.
- An intermediate understanding of After Effects and Cinema 4D
- An understanding of Indian cultural events and holidays.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with post production broadcast standards and file formats
- Willingness to do voice-over work an asset
- Trailer creation and on-air promotions experience an asset
- Knowledge of Broadview scheduling system or other related television programming software, an asset
- Demonstrated attention to detail and research abilities
- Enthusiasm as a team player yet a self-motivated and a self-directed professional
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
Application Deadline: February 23rd, 2018
To apply: Quoting ref# CHZ-CP-2018-02, please send your demo reel, résumé with cover letter and salary expectations, in confidence to: email@example.com (no phone calls please)
Channel Zero Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
About Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and a bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind, Silver Screen Classics, and Halla Bol Kids TV, Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channel. Channel Zero’s digital sales agency Junction Digital offers advertisers marketing solutions on our owned and operated websites, as well as through our trading desk. The film division of Channel Zero features Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. Channel Zero’s head office is located in Toronto, Ontario. For more information, please visit chz.com.